Brookwater Wedding, Michael and Karen
Photography by With Every Heartbeat, Brisbane Wedding Photographer
Michael and Karen married in a beautiful, intimate ceremony at the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens with their closest family and friends. Their stunning Brookwater Wedding Reception was held in the Brookwater Glasshouse.
I’ve known Michael for over 16 years and it was an absolute honor to be asked to photograph Michael and Karen’s wedding day. They chose my Sweet Little 3 hour wedding package, which allowed me to capture their ceremony, congratulations and family photos and location photos.
Here is their Real Life Wedding:
Date: 2 July 2016
Theme: Simply elegant – aimed to keep decor simple – colour scheme was silver, white and black. The colour of the florals had light pinks, cream and green to enhance the tables.
Couple’s full names: Karen & Michael
Ceremony location: Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens | Reception location: Brookwater Glasshouse
Gown: purchased off the rack, with adjustments made by Mrs Tina Hancock (Ayr) with lace and beading added by mother of the bride.
Wedding bands and engagement rings: Michael’s ring was his father’s wedding band. Karen’s ring from Spearitts jewellers in Ayr and engagement ring from Wallace Bishop
Celebrant: Ketrina Coffey – Marriage Celebrant
Wedding Coordinator: Brookwater coordinators – Margot and Kellie | Decorator: Brookwater Glasshouse, signage hand written by mother of the bride.
Hair: Oscar Oscar – bride, bridesmaid and mother of bride.
Bridal party attire: Bridesmaid wore Carla Zampatti gown | Make-up: Napoleon
Flowers: bridal party flowers supplied by The Ipswich Florist
Cake and flavours: mother of bride made the cake and we supplied lolly buffet as favours.
Entertainment: live music supplied by friends of the bride, DJ list compiled by guest requests that were collated on receipt of RSVP.
Transport: Father of bride’s white VW Golf | Honeymoon: The Mouses House Chalets, Springbrook QLD
Photography: With Every Heartbeat
The proposal: Michael proposed at Binna Burra, Gold Coast hinterland.
Funniest Moment: There are too many to choose from! Funniest memory – best man speech
Special Memory: the Whole Day!
Special thanks: Caroline for being our fabulous MC, Alistair for the fantastic best man speech; the parents: Sue, John and Robyn; uncle Luke for being a fabulous chauffeur; uncle Milton for the videography; musicians Sam and Matthew; Lisa Clark for the amazing photos; Brookwater and coordinators Margot and Kellie for making our reception look beautiful, run smoothly and stress free; our celebrant for helping us to create a special and personalised ceremony- thank you Ketrina; all the guests for making our day special.
Advice for other brides-to-be:
– be organised – early planning and booking of venues, celebrant and photographer is essential.
– do your research – check out several venues, ask what the inclusions are with the venue.
– be realistic – lots of great ideas out there, just be sure that they are achievable in your time frame and suit your context.
– agree on a budget and stick to it.
– write out a timetable for the wedding week – indicate time and date, and allocate the jobs to the relevant people. Send the plan out to all the stakeholders.
– draft a script for your MC – align it to timings you have negotiated with the venue for dinner service etc.
– create a Facebook group for your guests – we provided updates about the wedding via social media.
– give family members/ friends jobs for the wedding – Can they drive the car? Can they press play on the song list? Can they film the wedding? Can they be the MC?
– organise transport for your out of town guests – remember they have already paid for flights and accommodation. A bus is a great idea to get people safely to and from the venue/s; especially if your venues are not local to the city.
What you liked about Lisa / With Every Heartbeat Photography:
– professional and knowledgeable, organised, – made us feel comfortable when having our photos taken, made the photo sessions fun, friendly and helpful.
Thank you so much Michael and Karen, it was a pleasure being a part of your awesome wedding day :O)